Saturday, November 5, 2011

Keith Carter: My Version

Keith Carter has said, “I don't just look at the thing itself or at the reality itself; I look around the edges for those little askew moments-kind of like what makes up our lives-those slightly awkward, lovely moments.” I try to do this too. When I take pictures I attempt to find those special moments and capture them. One aspect of Carter's photography that interests me is that most of his pictures have something blurred in them, whether it be the edges, the subject, or anything else in the photograph. I believe that it the blurriness of  pictures that make them seem mysterious. The mystery of the photograph makes me look at it longer and I usually take more time to see everything in the photograph because the blur allows me to notice different things the longer I look at the picture. Carter's photography interests me too because he only shot in film. I wish I knew how to shoot with film. It is such a long process and I am in awe of anyone who uses film. A photographer who shoots in film needs to have a lot of patience and I want to be more like Carter where I can shoot in film and try to find the awkward moments in life. Carter is able to take pictures that attempt to reflect hidden meanings in the real world. He is such an inspiration because he is able to take something ordinary and take a picture of it, showing the world how extraordinary the thing is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment