Thursday, November 24, 2011

Culture Event #1: Destination Trip

Our Destinations Trip was one of the most memorable events of my first quarter in college. I really liked that the group was all-girls because I feel like everyone could act herself and it was a really relaxed atmosphere. I learned so much about my camera during this trip. I love my Nikon camera, but I didn’t know to change the shutter speed, or aperture.  Roddy, you taught me so much about the ways to take pictures manually. Now I rarely use the “automatic” setting on my camera. I was able to start to form a relationship with my camera. Also, this was a great culture event because I got to explore Denver more and see what the city was like. I’ve only been to Denver a couple of times and I didn’t know how it compared to San Francisco. I came from a city where it’s always noisy and the lifestyle is very fast-paced.  It was interesting to explore Denver because it is nothing like San Francisco. They are almost polar opposites in my mind. Denver is much more laid-back and there is not a lost of “hustle and bustle” when you walk around Downtown Denver. This day allowed me to explore the city and I got to learn more about photography.  

No comments:

Post a Comment