Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How I See Annie

Annie said, "My work is the greatest relationship of my life." This has proven true for her. She works all the time and photographs anything and everything where ever she is. I think Annie is such an incredible strong person. It takes a strong person to be able to work through her sorrow. Annie uses photography as a way to get through obstacles in life. I do the same thing. If I am ever stressed or upset, I will take my camera and just go on a walk. Taking picture is a stress-reliever for me. I agree with Annie when she says that you can never take too many pictures and that she loves to photograph her family. If I am comfortable with specific people I enjoy photographing them. I love taking pictures of my parents, brother and my dogs! Another thing I loved about Annie Leibovitz is that she likes to tell stories through her pictures. I love her themes. She photographed a lot of celebrities, and the theme was Disney. An example of one of the pictures was Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony posed as Aladdin and Jasmine. Annie shoots in film and digital too. I like that she uses different mediums to take photographs. It gives pictures of the same things variety. I don't know how Annie was able to deal with the loss of Susan. If my best friend died, I don't think I would be able to get over it. Annie was able to deal with her loss through photography. Photography helps Annie in so many ways, and it helps me in so many ways too. I love it. It can make me happy, relieve my stress, and allow me to deal with sadness too. Annie and I have many similarities that I was not aware of before I watched the documentary about her. I loved the movie and enjoyed learning more about Annie's life. It has inspired me to photograph more and see the world in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment